Wednesday, February 23, 2011

San Francisco is another Bangkok branch.

Before coming here, I was very worried. Of course, everyone who is going to live or study abroad for at least 2 years must be worried. Where am I going to live? Will people be nice to me? Will natives understand when I talk to them? And I didn't know anyone in San Francisco. I had no idea at all if I had problems, whom I should ask? 5W and 1H questions ran into my head everyday.

Another thing is I just love Thai food so much. How can I survive without it? So, when I packed my bags, one of them was full of Thai ingredients. My mom helped me find them as much as she could. I was like I was going to open a new Thai restaurant (there was that much, can you imagine?)

But what I thought has already changed. Since the first day I arrived, I heard somebody passed by me on the street and, unexpectedly at that time, they were speaking Thai. Besides, I could say everyday I will hear someone whom I never knew before speaking Thai.

Moreover, my thought of lacking of Thai food was entirely gone out of my mind. I could say Thai restaurants are in every neighborhood in San Francisco. Probably, some restaurants are better than restaurants in Thailand. Or if I want to cook by myself (not so often but need to do it sometimes), I can find Thai ingredients easily at any Asian grocery.

So, if somebody ask me if I want to eat anything when I go back for school break, I'll tell them..

"Anything but Thai food, Thank you."

P.S. I don't want to eat Thai food, it doesn't mean I dislike it. Still, my favorite dish is Thai!

No comments:

Post a Comment