Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I am Buddhist.

While most of Americans are christian, most of Thais are Buddhist. So do I.
I am not that religious but I like going to the temple. Just like when you go to church, you can feel peaceful and calm. I think that's why even though people who seldom go to church or temple, they will think of going there when their mind seem unclear or stress. 
  Since I came here, I gotta get through many things. Studying is hard enough, studying as an international student is harder. Of course, I feel super stressful, more than you can imagine. Then I need somewhere could be sanctuary.
Luckily, there are lots of Thais in the US, so they built Thai temples over the US, including in San Francisco. 
   Wat Mongkolratanaram is a Thai temple located in Berkeley. You can take Bart to Ashby Bart station. Even though you are not a Buddhist, you are very welcome to come, I guarantee. Especially, on Sundays there is a Thai food market (everything is yummy, I guarantee again!) So not only peaceful and calm mind, you'll also get your tummy full!


All I can say is..Thanks God..oops no Thanks Buddha!

No comments:

Post a Comment